WASHINGTON (SBG) -- Officials with the Consumer Product Safety Commission recently conducted a demonstration to showcase fireworks safety at the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
As millions of Americans celebrate Fourth of July weekend, the government organization wants to ensure that safety is practice when lighting fireworks.
In the video, the following steps to ensure firework safety are suggested:
- Don't shoot fireworks at others
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area
- Don't let kids play with fireworks
- Don't hold and ignite aerial fireworks
- Never stand over fireworks
- Never make your own fireworks
Various law enforcement organizations across the country -- including the CPSC -- are using the hashtag #CelebrateSafety on social media to promote awareness about safely using fireworks.